Check Brake system lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Church

Reaction score
I am getting a check brake system light when I go over bumps. it is not all the time but has happened on numerous occasions. this will normally cause my radio to cut out and restart. I drive a 2007 expedition with 153k miles.

Last edited by a moderator:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got the mother of electric shorts. I would get started looking for corrosion or bare wires around any and all of the main harnesses under the hood.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The two problems are probably only related due to the bumps. I would suspect the warning lamp isn't causing the radio to power off.
Diagnose each problem separately using the wiring diagrams for your year.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Can't figure why the radio shuts down but I had an F-150 a while back and the brakes had a very slow leak. When the brake fluid would get a little low, as I would go over RR tracks or down the bumpy dirt roads, the brake light would come on letting me know I needed to add fluid. I just kept a bottle behind the seat.

OP
OP
C

Church

Reaction score
Fixed the problem. Had a lose connection on the battery lead going to the positive terminal. wing nut was not fully tightened down causing some wires to be lose.