Check charging system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Bought it last Saturday

Attachments

• 20220508_171043.jpg
    20220508_171043.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Did you check the voltage coming out of the new alternator? Also, check the tensioner and serpentine belt to make sure it is not slipping. Does it occur during a turn a turn or when the A/C kicks on? If you belt tension is down, the additional load may cause the belt to slip.
How will I know if the belt is slipping. I replaced the belt as well about 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Did you check the voltage coming out of the new alternator? Also, check the tensioner and serpentine belt to make sure it is not slipping. Does it occur during a turn a turn or when the A/C kicks on? If you belt tension is down, the additional load may cause the belt to slip

Did you check the voltage coming out of the new alternator? Also, check the tensioner and serpentine belt to make sure it is not slipping. Does it occur during a turn a turn or when the A/C kicks on? If you belt tension is down, the additional load may cause the belt to slip.
It doesn't occur when I turn or turn the AC. It usually will pop up quickly then goes away. Like if something is loose. And cause it to get that message.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bought it last Saturday
Where did you get it from ? If it's Advance Auto or O'Reilly you can throw it in a canal. Use either NAPA or Motorcraft branded alternators, and make sure it's a 110 amp alternator, not the 135 amp.

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Where did you get it from ? If it's Advance Auto or O'Reilly you can throw it in a canal. Use either NAPA or Motorcraft branded alternators, and make sure it's a 110 amp alternator, not the 135 amp.

Lol yea it was from advance. I called them earlier to confirm it was 110. I wanna add a additional ground wire. How can I do that?

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
FYI. I had an accident late last year. So the truck is been giving me issue. This is the main one.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol yea it was from advance. I called them earlier to confirm it was 110. I wanna add a additional ground wire. How can I do that?

I wouldn't waste any more time on that alternator. It's a POS. You can tell 'em it's setting off your battery warning system and try an get a refund, or try another alternator, but it'll likely be the same. They do show a Motorcraft 110 amp alternator in their inventory, you'd have to ask for it. It's about $60 more than their crap store brand. Maybe you'd have better luck. Tell 'em their store brand is triggering a charge problem and you want to exchange it for the Motorcraft F40003332750MTR unit. They should do that without too much hassle.

Alternators at Rock Auto

OP
OP
H

Harry

Reaction score
Thank
I wouldn't waste any more time on that alternator. It's a POS. You can tell 'em it's setting off your battery warning system and try an get a refund, or try another alternator, but it'll likely be the same. They do show a Motorcraft 110 amp alternator in their inventory, you'd have to ask for it. It's about $60 more than their crap store brand. Maybe you'd have better luck. Tell 'em their store brand is triggering a charge problem and you want to exchange it for the Motorcraft F40003332750MTR unit. They should do that without too much hassle.

Alternators at Rock Auto
Thank you. I'll look into it this week. I'll keep you guys updated

tstripe76

Reaction score
I was having the same message with "check charging system", new alternator and new battery. I followed the advice above about putting in a 110A alternator (I had a 135A alternator with no nav system) and sure enough, it went away immediately!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360