Chip Questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Can anyone give me some feedback on any chips or program upgrades for an 03 5.4L. Thanks

edwinf

Reaction score
Let me know if try a new chip. I haven't talk to anyone who has tried one yet. My lexus mech says I would not notice anything. I just bought an 04 EB with 5.4L.

OP
OP
G

computer location

I'm ready to buy a chip for '99 5.4L but I can't find the computer to get the code. I've been told under the hood on the driver side next to the firewall, under the dash on the driver side next to the parking break, under the dash on the passenger side on the side wall, and under the dash on the passenger side. I've looked in all those places and can't see it. I was able to locate the code for keypad entry which has saved me $40 :). I think I just need to know where it is and what it looks like. I'm leaning towards under the dash on the passenger side, makes the most sense to me.

If you know where it is please help, give me directions like 4" to the left of the air suspension switch or something.

Once I get the chip I'll let you all know what kind of gains I see.

thanks,
Adam

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Code should be on a sticker on the inside-front of the driver's door or on the inside front of the door opening.

If not the computer is located behind the kick panel* on the passenger side.

*(plastic piece on the "wall" on the right side of passenger's foot placement area. ;) )

OP
OP
G

Thanks

I just located my code! I was looking at the right thing all along, but the white sticker was under the black clamp that holds the unit in place, once I opened the clamp there was the 4-digit code clear as can be.

On a side note the dealership didn't want to help at all when I told them I was going to upgrade the chip. What should they care, the Expy is 5 years old and out of warranty anyways.

Thanks for your help,
Adam

OP
OP
G

I have an 03 and I can't find out where the keyless entry code is, where did you find it?
Greg

OP
OP
G

I found it under the dash on the driverside, behind the parking brake. It was on a white sticker on a silver box up by the firewall. Lay down on the floor board and your should see it with a flashlight. Hope this helps.