Clean wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyExp

Reaction score
Does anyone know of anything out there that I can put on my Ex that will help keep my wheels clean until I get my new wheels and tires? I am looking seriously because I cant keep my wheels clean AT ALL! They stay nasty even after I clean them. If any one has an idea, please let me know!!

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Change your brake pads to ceramic pads, your wheels won't need washing every other day, thats what I did about 6 years ago because the brake dust was terrible.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for the armoral and ceramic pads... I have been using spray since I put on the DC-2s and it has worked great I got 2-3 months out of each application of the spray but during that time went through a lot of mud and water

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+2 on those. i have ceramic pads but with stock replacement discs. not sure if thats a problem. i still get brake dust. but hardly at all. like 5 months for it to show. and the armor all works great. even the cheaper stuff too. and the tire stuff dose wonders too. just dirt sticks to everything on the tires then. so clean them as best as possible and then use the sprays and use a sponge with water to take it off. works wonders. i do the rim cleaner on the tire too to get it all clean then i do the tire cleaner on tire only and then that works great too.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Feeding wood to the fire
+3 thats how i kept my stock wheels clean when i had them, ceramics and armor all wheel protectant

FordMan13

Reaction score
Don't know anything about the armor all. But as far as using different pads, see what came on the truck factory. Ceramic sometimes depends on the rotor will eat the hell out of the rotor. I worked at a shop for over 8 years. I called Baer Brakes about the issue they strongly advised us not to use ceramic pads on some factory rotors. Just my 2 cents.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like I said I replace my brake pads with cermic pads at 22000 miles, I haven't had to replaced the pads or the rotors yet and the wheels stay clean a lot longer also the braking seems better.