Cleaning rear airbag seatbelts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd question I know. But the seatbelts need to be cleaned and I’m curious if anyone has done this with success. The material is odd and I’m nervous to use water etc as I think someone the staining is from kids hopping in the car wet after the pool/lake.

b6b89dc9eb4d915c3246b7610a8a89c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd question I know. But the seatbelts need to be cleaned and I’m curious if anyone has done this with success. The material is odd and I’m nervous to use water etc as I think someone the staining is from kids hopping in the car wet after the pool/lake.

b6b89dc9eb4d915c3246b7610a8a89c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the years I have had very good results with K2r spray spot cleaner. It is a dry-clean type of cleaner, which dries quickly and then is vacuumed away.

I have never used it on the 4th generation rear seat belt cover, but you could buy a can and try it at the top or bottom of the seat belt cover.

It is available in most grocery stores, and stores such as Meijer, Target, etc. - and online at Amazon.com

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d be hesitant to use anything harsh on the seat belts, especially the airbag ones. I’d probably start as gentle as possible and see how that goes. I’d mix up a warm water solution with some regular laundry detergent or dish soap and a high quality microfiber cloth to dip in the solution and scrub the belt. Once clean, “rinse” out the soapy solution with a clean cloth dipped in fresh water.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d be hesitant to use anything harsh on the seat belts, especially the airbag ones. I’d probably start as gentle as possible and see how that goes. I’d mix up a warm water solution with some regular laundry detergent or dish soap and a high quality microfiber cloth to dip in the solution and scrub the belt. Once clean, “rinse” out the soapy solution with a clean cloth dipped in fresh water.
10 parts water 1 part simple green And a brush will work wonders on that color. Then either air dry or vacuum dry