Clunking noise when braking and coming to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickybobby007

Reaction score
I've still got same issue and it's giving me a bound up feeling in the front driver side although I've checked all moving parts and vacuum to hub.almost to the feeling of hub intermittent engagement. Still stumped

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've still got same issue and it's giving me a bound up feeling in the front driver side although I've checked all moving parts and vacuum to hub.almost to the feeling of hub intermittent engagement. Still stumped

The hub actuators are known to leak vacuum after many years due to diaphragm failure, and that would allow hub engagement when you do not want it. So try giving the actual actuators a leak down test. Do you have a vacuum hand pump with a gauge on it ? If the actuators do not hold vacuum replace them and check for hub damage.

Vacuum Test Kit on Amazon

SKP_SK600105_1__ra_p.jpg

Rickybobby007

Reaction score
I've disassembled tested and bought replacements, there's no way to replicate a test to have it do it in a controlled setting ,the weight and load force aren't there when jacked up I'm still clueless.i appreciate the input and suggestions but yup tried it.

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Brakes and rotors changed and the noise is still there. Now I have a noise that started coming from the front right wheel. It makes one noise when going forward then in reverse it makes a quieter noise, so I think I have two different things going on?

OP
OP
A

alcgraham

Reaction score
Ok, front wheel noise solved, it was a brake caliper clip that was rubbing on the wheel. Changed out the clip and all is good. The other noise, no idea.