Code Scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ediddily

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm interested in getting a code scanner diagnostic tool. I know there are regular plug in and blue tooth devices. The bluetooth device sound nice to use. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent, user friendly brand?

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Elliotp, we have a few threads already on scanners. I'm also interested but havent bought anything fancy yet.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
elliottp, if it says anything, I bought an Actron 9145. It is simple, no thrills code reader. But, it will do what you are after for diagnostics. The only thing that I wish it did was give a bit more information about the code. But then, now you are getting into the $500 readers for that sort of information like I am wanting. Instead, I just take the code, plug it into my computer and get the data that way.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't mind the $$ and you have a laptop Autoenginuity software is pretty good. I have been very happy with it and it is capable of much more than a handheld scanner/code reader.