Codes - O2 and VCT Soleniod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggarriga

Reaction score
I had a check engine light come on and I brought it to the dealership. Prior to bringing to the dealer, I stopped by O'reilly and they pulled a P0150 code ONLY. I figured O2 sensors, covered under my extended warranty I bought from Warranty Direct. They pull codes and 2 O2 sensors are bad and they have a VCT solenoid code come back also.

Finally they told me it would be $350 to check the cams to make sure they are not damaged and check the VCT Solenoids. I am ok with that if the warranty will cover. The dealer gives you a "free" engine warranty as long as you own it, but VCT Solenoids is not covered on that OR my extended warranty. UGH.

They advised me that they will put the O2 sensors in and we will see if the code for VCTs clears after they flash the computer.

Thoughts?

:think:

OP
OP
ggarriga

ggarriga

Reaction score
Got the truck back today. PCM flashed and O2 sensors installed. Runs like new. Hopefully we are just doing maintenance the rest of the year - knock on wood!