Codes p0480 &p2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have own a 2007 expedition el 5.4 3v and since the day I bought it it has pretty much given me something to constantly keep me busy and constantly questioning what the hell is wrong now. Well about a week ago I got now spark plugs, coils and boots. Also put new connectors on the coils and fuel injectors. As well as put a new clutch fan in as the old one went not. But now it's throwing these codes p2006 and p0480 intake manifold runner control stuck closed and fan 1 contorl circuit. What in the hell is wrong with it now. I do have a new intake manifold runner control just haven't put it in yet can anyone give me any advice before I pull the intake off. I have heard these things can be cracked by the gaskets and I've heard everything is very picky were its supposed to be placed

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have own a 2007 expedition el 5.4 3v and since the day I bought it it has pretty much given me something to constantly keep me busy and constantly questioning what the hell is wrong now. Well about a week ago I got now spark plugs, coils and boots. Also put new connectors on the coils and fuel injectors. As well as put a new clutch fan in as the old one went not. But now it's throwing these codes p2006 and p0480 intake manifold runner control stuck closed and fan 1 contorl circuit. What in the hell is wrong with it now. I do have a new intake manifold runner control just haven't put it in yet can anyone give me any advice before I pull the intake off. I have heard these things can be cracked by the gaskets and I've heard everything is very picky were its supposed to be placed
Does it still run good?

OP
OP
Rachel N Adkins
Reaction score
Yes it still runs but i have codes p2006 and p1000 and its so frustrating not being able to find out the problem yo fix it. Ive already spent so Much money and time and have ened up right back where i started from

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps. I went though several issues on my '03. Finally sorted out 99% of them. You'll get there too. I feel the truck now is cross-country worthy without a doubt.

Some good news is the IMRC appears to be relatively inexpensive.

OP
OP
Rachel N Adkins
Reaction score
Ii have replaced the IMCR that was a pain in my a** to cause I broke one of the intake manifold bolts while attempting to put it back on and then broke an extractor off in with the bolt. My truck was down for over a week just replacing the IMCR and after all that i finaly gotnit back together just to have the same code pop up. I even drain the system to reset it all and still p2006 is there and hunting me. It also seems that my truck is running more like crap then before

Herby

Reaction score
I am now going throw the same problem. My 2007 Expy is throwing code p2004, (IMRC stuck open bank 1.) I have pulled the intake, replaced actuator and valves, cleaned intake, etc. Going to pull manifold off again and check wiring harness. (SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!) Did you ever resolve this similar issue?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev