Coil Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Kuhlman

Reaction score
2004 Ford Expedition
I've owned the truck for about a year. Place i bought it from said they did a tune up. I recently was having a misfire on #7. I was shocked when i went to look at it that #7 and #8 coils were flopping around. The coil bolts weren't tightened down. I replaced the #7 coil and it runs good now. But, I couldn't get the #8 coil bolt to start threading into the bolt hole and the coil is still free floating. What should i do? What size are the threads if i try to chase it with a tap? will stuff be in the way?
TIA,
Doug

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the coil off can you get it to thread into the hole ? It's a 5M x 25mm bolt and they're available at Lowes or eBay, or any good hardware store. So you may end up trying a 5M x 30mm or something if the upper threads are boogered up in the hole.

Ford Coil Bolts on eBay

298f50ffc2c568b0c48410d61bf0f0cb.jpg

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i purchased some at bolt depot on the internet, also clips and fastners have a great assortment of auto parts

OP
OP
D

Doug Kuhlman

Reaction score
I tried the bolt without the coil and couldn't get it started. The threads on the bolt itself seem to be fine. I assume the hole is boogered up. It's hard to see with it being the farthest back cylinder.