Coil-overs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FOGLER

Reaction score
I had my timberline for six months and I do enjoy it however, I'm thinking to lift the front and rear using coilovers if anybody has installed them from fox or king I would really appreciate the advice.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only ones I have seen is the ones from Icon and they also make an adapter to fool the computer if you have the CCD shocks.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Regardless of the coil over you get I would consider some parts from the rough country lift.
The rear link bars to keep the rear centered (IMO this looks bad when not) and a new lower front control arm to maintain correct ball joint angle.

If I were every to do mine I would go with some RC parts then the King shocks. Fox does not have any direct bolt on right now as far as I know.

OP
OP
F

FOGLER

Reaction score
Regardless of the coil over you get I would consider some parts from the rough country lift.
The rear link bars to keep the rear centered (IMO this looks bad when not) and a new lower front control arm to maintain correct ball joint angle.

If I were every to do mine I would go with some RC parts then the King shocks. Fox does not have any direct bolt on right now as far as I know.
So I have tried to get the kings but what if I do install them front and rear without the RC.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have tried to get the kings but what if I do install them front and rear without the RC.
The only issue with the rear would be cosmetic. As you lift the rear the rear wheel swings forward and it will not be centered when looking from the side. For the fronts its debatable but there is a point where the ball joints will run at a weird angle.
If you put kings in the back and front and did not raise the rear at all and raised the front 1.5" using the king front shocks with the adjuster you would essentially have what the Timberline stance is. I think you could also go the Fox shock route maybe they have some now.

I think the King range might be 0 to 1.5" (maybe other brands have more). So if you wanted to go higher you would need some pucks on the tops of the shocks like the Ready Lift kit. A lot of people use Bilstein for the expeditions also.

Depends on the look. You could go with the Timberline stance (new rear shock 0 lift, new front shock 1.5 lift) and larger tires and it would look good while maintaining the rear centered look and not exceeding the front ball joint factory range.

All depends what you want to achieve. I have a stock Timberline with pretty big tires it looks great IMO and handles great. To gain another 1 or 2" lift IMO it too much work and cost and is not worth it. (at this point, I may change my mind later)