Coil pack and injector order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrian Fugate

Reaction score
did a tune up on the 2010 Expedition 5.4. Started it back up and barely ran. Do the connections for the coils and injectors come out of the loom in the same order as the cylinders? Didn’t think to check before I had it all apart

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about a 2010 but my 2007 would be hard to miss wire maybe you didn't get spark plug end of it seated right

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Adrian Fugate

Reaction score
Thought that too. Going to get new coil pack boots and springs tomorrow

OP
OP
A

Adrian Fugate

Reaction score
Took it in and turns out 1 of the new spark plugs I installed was cracked along with two weak coil packs. Replaced new Motorcraft spark plugs with NGK plugs and Went with new Accel coil packs. Runs like a dream now! Now only if I can figure out the weak A/C....

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got to get some better tools then. If you **** the socket to the side at all you can crack the plug. I rarely if ever use a swivel. I do have one long extension that has a pivot on the end but not a u-joint type. It is safer. I have to have 2 six inch ext, 2-3 three inch, a short 1 inch and a high tooth count ratchet so you can get that extra click. Usually there are at least 2-3 that require getting extension length right then putting it into plug well then sneaking ratchet in on top last.

It is easy to crack those rear ones. Got to be a small handed contortionist to do them easily.

I hate that you had to take it in ans spend money.

In the future , you can read the misfire counts or even cancel out cyls manually by removing the connector to the coil to see which ones make a big difference and which do hardly anything.

OP
OP
A

Adrian Fugate

Reaction score
Yeah it was just one of those things I couldn’t put time into diagnosing. I’ve got 2 young ones I have to get to school every morning. Looking at getting an old classic ford truck for future emergencies....and fun

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got to get some better tools then. If you **** the socket to the side at all you can crack the plug. I rarely if ever use a swivel. I do have one long extension that has a pivot on the end but not a u-joint type. It is safer. I have to have 2 six inch ext, 2-3 three inch, a short 1 inch and a high tooth count ratchet so you can get that extra click. Usually there are at least 2-3 that require getting extension length right then putting it into plug well then sneaking ratchet in on top last.

It is easy to crack those rear ones. Got to be a small handed contortionist to do them easily.

I hate that you had to take it in ans spend money.

In the future , you can read the misfire counts or even cancel out cyls manually by removing the connector to the coil to see which ones make a big difference and which do hardly anything.

Pay 20-some bucks for the special spark plug socket with the rubber insert and no such troubles