Coil Packs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well quite some time i've been experiencing the dreaded "misfire" like most of us have @ one time or another. so i'm thinking of replacing all of my coil packs along w/ the plugs, what do my fellow forum members recommend? i don't need to go high end or performance as in all honestly she may be gone before year's end.

B

bedrck46

would all depend on how much you care to spend Check on e-bay

B

bedrck46

199 for a good set of ACCEL Super Coil 140032-8 from summitracing_sales

srs7324

Reaction score
Coil packs ebay

well quite some time i've been experiencing the dreaded "misfire" like most of us have @ one time or another. so i'm thinking of replacing all of my coil packs along w/ the plugs, what do my fellow forum members recommend? i don't need to go high end or performance as in all honestly she may be gone before year's end.

I replaced all my plugs, coils and fuel injectors last year.
The $60 injector set and a $65 coil set they all came from ebay and the ASP platinum plugs from NAPA.

I did not trust the new coils so I replaced the dreaded passenger rear coil with a 1 month old NAPA IC369SB coil I had purchased earlier just in case.

The injectors / coils and plugs worked great no issues, truck ran like a dream. I had kept my 4 used Motorcraft coils and a couple of new used NAPA coils as backup just in case.

So after about 3 months very light driving I got a hard miss, I had found that one of the new coils was bad, so ok replace out new with old spare and everything was fine.

BUT, after 6 months very light driving I got a stutter or slight miss at 750 to 1000 RPM at idle. You could slowly raise the RPM and the engine would act like it was struggling, as long as you got past 1000 ran like a champ.

Long story short I put my 4 FORD COILS back along with 4 NAPA IC369SB coils staggered and she runs fine again no low RPM stutter.

You get what you pay for.

B

bedrck46

You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

Well said but no matter what you pay you can always get a defective part

B

bedrck46

I have been using autolites but most on here recommend Motorcraft I haven't changed my COP's yet but will go with the ACCEL Super Coils. Just waiting for warmer weather to do my tune up. Had to replace battery and T-stat this past week Engine was running on the cool side at 165 degrees Now running 195-205

OP
OP
QbanCgar

QbanCgar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been using autolites but most on here recommend Motorcraft I haven't changed my COP's yet but will go with the ACCEL Super Coils. Just waiting for warmer weather to do my tune up. Had to replace battery and T-stat this past week Engine was running on the cool side at 165 degrees Now running 195-205

yeah originally noticed the misfiring in my truck a little after a month after purchasing the truck, so i have my wires & plugs changed, no problem. well a little over a year it has come back, so i'm assuming this time it could be the coil packs. so let me get this straight, are the coil packs & injectors 2 different parts?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev