Coil spring to air ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybadford

Reaction score
Has anybody converted from coil spring struts to air ride? I see a lot of air to coil conversion parts. I assume they bolt up the exact same? So my thoughts are I want to go to a 315/70-17 and put the spacers in on my 2003 Expedition. I was just thinking if I could put air ride on it not for trying to get lift out of it but for when I enter and exit the vehicle I can let the air out of the bags. I don’t want a factory air system or factory ride leveling just put the air ride struts on and install aftermarket air supply and ride controls with the spacer for the lift. 8E8E0C79-2F9E-4ACF-8917-0FB3003F5CD4.jpeg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You cant lower a 315/70r17 very far

Pretty sure that stanced negative cambered tuck your wheels under your fenders stuff doesn't really apply here

OP
OP
mybadford

mybadford

Reaction score
I’m not trying to lower it. I want to lift it to fit the 315/70-17. Basically a 2.5 lift with air struts instead of coil with my own ride control.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m not trying to lower it. I want to lift it to fit the 315/70-17. Basically a 2.5 lift with air struts instead of coil with my own ride control.

I meant it wouldn't go down much when it squats for entry/egress

OP
OP
mybadford

mybadford

Reaction score
What is the travel distance of an air strut for one an expedition? I see some expeditions running around with bad owners and blown out bags or air system and they seem to soak up the tire close to the fenderwell. If I can get it close to stock ride height would be good for me.