Coil SumoSprings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone install these on their Expedition yet? Want to know how it will effect the ride with CCD.

Thank you so very much.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did on the rear of my '09 and I didn't really notice a difference in ride quality. I liked that squat when hitched up to my camper was reduced though. Well worth the money, but a PIA to install.

OP
OP
Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did on the rear of my '09 and I didn't really notice a difference in ride quality. I liked that squat when hitched up to my camper was reduced though. Well worth the money, but a PIA to install.
Yea, the installation looks like a pretty big pain. Did you just leave them installed all the time, or did you remove them at the end of the towing season?

Thanks.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, the installation looks like a pretty big pain. Did you just leave them installed all the time, or did you remove them at the end of the towing season?

Thanks.
The old ones must be different than the new ones. They took me all of 25 minutes to do both sides on my 2018. Put a little dish soap and water on them and they slide right into position on the springs. You don't even have to take the tires off. thread the zip ties and you're done.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The old ones must be different than the new ones. They took me all of 25 minutes to do both sides on my 2018. Put a little dish soap and water on them and they slide right into position on the springs. You don't even have to take the tires off. thread the zip ties and you're done.

I hope it is easy. I have the Ready Lift and think it will make it a big pain. Just waiting for a good warm weekend to try it. Anyone have them with the Ready Lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thanks.
I just installed them. I took the wheels off. It takes longer to take the wheel off than put the sumospring on. Still needs a little lube, but it goes in easy.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
083168141ed8fd90707341a4137470ed.jpg

Put the Sumo coils spacers in tonight. I was worried with the 3/2 lift the springs would not open enough. But no problems. Left the tires on and used a board to push against the tire and pop them in. Super easy. Took me about 1 hour that includes dropping one and putting it in without checking if I put the deep grove in the bottom and had to take it back out and flip it. Took it for a drive and I can’t tell much difference with the CCD’s. Big test will be what my squat is with the boat on this summer.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fozzy, what size Sumo springs did you get? I know there are 2 sizes.. I don’t know if it’s one for CCD and Non-CCD or what. I have an XLT FX4, and want them on before I pull my boat. Squatting will drive me nuts.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fozzy, what size Sumo springs did you get? I know there are 2 sizes.. I don’t know if it’s one for CCD and Non-CCD or what. I have an XLT FX4, and want them on before I pull my boat. Squatting will drive me nuts.

I bought the taller one. If I remember right the smaller one will fit both the front and back. The larger one will only fit the rear. Since my post I have put some miles on them. No boat yet and I hope the CV-19 clears up before the season starts. But I can’t really even tell there on. I actually looked the other day to see if I still had them. Still there so I am happy with that. If they stop the squat by an inch plus I will be happy. I’m not expecting to much from them.