Coils Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced all the stock shocks on my 19 FX4 a little while back. Now the coils are squeaking like a crazy. Anyone run into this issue after replacing the stock shocks to Bilstein 5100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you put the rubber isolators back on? Did you clock the springs correctly into their pockets? I put bilstein's on mine and it quiet as can be.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, generally the squeaks come from bushings and not the spring itself.

OP
OP
TBaganATX

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry guys just saw this.. I didn’t install them, I paid someone. But OMG.. it’s every angle and every corner. Driving me bat shit crazy.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry guys just saw this.. I didn’t install them, I paid someone. But OMG.. it’s every angle and every corner. Driving me bat shit crazy.

They forgot something. Thats gonna be a nasty repair..... All that work needs to be redone and the alignment, etc.....

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the Bilstein replacements myself and I don’t notice any noise. Maybe they left a bolt loose? The bottom one on the rear shock gets a really high torque (300-400+ ft lbs). It should have the vehicle weight on it for the final torque. I think I posted the exact torque in the 3rd shock replaced thread.

OP
OP
TBaganATX

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked at them the other day. The coil isolator is not correct on one, in rear. One of the front has a plastic something over one shock and cracked. My UCAs don’t look right.

I may order another set of 5100 put the factor coils back on and stick the 6112s on another one of my F 150s. Or send the POS off a cliff.. [emoji2357]