Cold, fricken cold!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff, I live all over (travel constantly) but I consider saint Joseph my Home area. But I’ve lived in Milford/novi, Eau Claire, Plymouth, and stevensville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
We got a big blizzard coming tomorrow and claiming Saturday will be record setting cold Then up into the 40's next week. Gonna be pretty interesting

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got a big blizzard coming tomorrow and claiming Saturday will be record setting cold Then up into the 40's next week. Gonna be pretty interesting
The 15 day forecast doesn't show us getting above freezing until Thursday the 18th if you can trust the 15 day forecast. Glad the blizzard is going to miss us.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now this:
421b7b7f651eebc1f385385dd9bb10a5.jpg

And my doors aren’t latching when I close them. What in the world? I’ve heard of this happening but Ford needs to fix this. Can you imagine the lawsuit if I close my door start driving and it flies open on someone at 55 mph? Crazy stuff. I know cold does things to cars but the doors should really latch.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff, I live all over (travel constantly) but I consider saint Joseph my Home area. But I’ve lived in Milford/novi, Eau Claire, Plymouth, and stevensville.

Was curious...since I don't hear of many that cross the Bridge that couldn't be built....

jeff

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PG country, just outside of DC failed to treat it's roads......this is going to be a dent-fest because MD drivers and PG drivers in particular, cannot drive in the rain much less snow...this is an intersection on the way in. I left my house 40 minutes early because I KNOW what happens.

I passed easily a dozen cars driving 10...yes, TEN MPH WHILE trying to keep anyone from passing them by driving down the center of the highways!!

I LOVE my truck!

jeff

Rips.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My expy is back at ford again for round 2 on the 4x4... my door acts up drivers side as well in the crazy cold, when it was 0 degrees out I had to close it three times once to get it to latch.

Plati

Reaction score
Now this:
And my doors aren’t latching when I close them. What in the world? I’ve heard of this happening but Ford needs to fix this. Can you imagine the lawsuit if I close my door start driving and it flies open on someone at 55 mph? Crazy stuff. I know cold does things to cars but the doors should really latch.
Looks like you have a somewhat recent vehicle. I would contact dealer and file a report.
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/
there is a lawsuit for F-150's in process, tell me Expys have different hardware?

I would file a report myself but its my 2003 that does that, too old.
The vehicle, not me!

Nice lake effect storm firing up today, Lake Ontario can turn snow guns on bigtime.
Bring it on, I plan to go out on my snowmobile on the roads if it gets ugly enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I went to the British Embassy in DC yesterday for a pre-bid and we were forced to stand outside for 25 minutes in 15 degree temps while they "cleared" us.....I guess I needed a a good chill because I'm all good with the cold now.

It was pretty cool to stand in the same room where Churchill stayed while in DC. It's kind of cool working in DC because over the years I've been able to meet some pretty big players in world politics....met Gorbachev when he came over to visit Reagan and had dinner with Tom Brokaw in an empty but for us "dinner trailer" for the NBC staff. Met Bush Senior when he was VP and he dedicated a fountain we had built and again when he was President then met his son when he was Pres...met Ivanka, Jr , Paul Ryan and many others at the Candlelight dinner the night before inauguration...was within 5 ft of our new President but did not talk with him.....to me, it's part of what I do for a living....but it's still pretty cool!

jeff