Connecting Galaxy S9 to 2010 Expedition w/nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dabigguy

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Expedition with Navigation that I can connect my phone to it and make calls, but cannot play music thru bluetooth. Is this a Galaxy S9 issue due to it being a new model phone, or is there something else I should look at? Thanks

TC16XLT

Reaction score
In your bluetooth settings in your phone, there us an additional setting for each connection. There should be a selection box that says media audio, if that isn't checked, check and see if that was it. Sync and my GS9+ dont always agree, and I'm usually resetting sync once ot twice a month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dabigguy

Reaction score
Thanks TC. I have already tried that on both my phone and my wife's too. I have also reset the system, with no luck. Hopefully it will be dry today and I can disconnect the battery cables to reset it that way.

Also, maybe related or not....my rear entertainment system did not work. I would hit the rear entertainment button and get an error message of "unable to connect to rear entertainment system. Contact dealer." Well, I loaded a DVD into the rear DVD slot and the damn thing started working !!! No more DTC.

TC16XLT

Reaction score
Its quirky on my 16 too, so I'd guess it's a sync issue. Disconnects for no reason, won't reconnect, then have to reboot. I think a master reset is in my future. Happens often after using voice commands, so there might be a software glitch in there somewhere. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dabigguy

Reaction score
I am not sure what happened, but the DVD is working now and I can play my music thru bluetooth. Just magic !!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357