Consumer reports Expedition is trash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
what problems have you had

oh boy, you’re opening up a can of worms edizzle!!!

I will say that a lot of us complain in here about VCT/turbos rattling and rear tailgates opening when you walk by, front camera washers leaking, etc (all uses I’ve had). We complain a lot, but at the end of the day there haven’t really been any major recalls yet, mass engine failures, transmission failures, etc, just a handful of medium to minor issues that is very outspoken owners talk about.

I plan on powering through the problems, hopefully having everything fixed eventually and just enjoying a pretty nice ride as long as possible.

If the Escalade is reliably though that will be calling my name in the future after I get my money yes worth in the expedition! In my opinion that is a stunner of a car, I love the Navigator but I think it might put it to shame.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then there's all the other stuff we're seeing a lot of. Panels that don't line up, trim that isn't straight, interior pieces not put together right, bolts, screws, nuts missing etc. Sure seems like it's the B or C teams putting these things together.

Last edited:

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let's not forget about the blown shocks (just got mine back yesterday with a 2k bill for both rears) and the good ol passenger side rear defrost wire coming unglued from the rear glass (another $750.00 job)…

Quite a few stuff that is going wrong that probably shouldn't but I guess it is what it is...

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to mention Supply chain issues. I get it, it all Covid's fault. But seriously, I have had parts backordered anywhere from a couple weeks to several months. I've now had mine in for about 12 days because every day a part is "supposed" to be in, the parts dept. gets a notice that it's backordered again. This time, the part was "supposed" to be in last friday. Today they got a backorder notice for the 29th? WTF?

Also, another new and strange one, my passenger rear taillight housing is cracking from the inside out. Literally, you can see a crack in the lens, but if you run a fingernail along the outside of it, you can't feel it at all. Watch Ford deny that replacement and try to tell me I damaged it.

Rj Smith

Reaction score
Between these posts and consumer reports, we're just avoiding the 2018. First year of the redesign, makes sense that's where the problems would be highest.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But yet the excitement for the 2022 because of the Tesla screen... :jawdrop: With things the way they are, not sure I'd trust that either.

Big screens and shiny things get me every time. But I have to say I have been looking at the same interior since 16’. My F-150, Superduty and Expy all have the same design. So a refresh is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone read the news? Ford has run out of semiconductors to buikd new F150s. It seems all that fancy electronics is subject to foreign supply shortages. So much for a Tesla style screen .

Me I prefer knobs. Bigguns...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk