Controls of CCD Suspension in a 2018 Max Platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the leg, I have a a fried who broke her leg skiing, badly, thin it was a compound and after she healed she went back to the same mountain and did the other leg, just for fun also compound. That's when she switched to blues instead of black diamonds.

Thanks for the extra pics, my wife and kids are sticking with me on the Blue over Ingot Silver.

Rest up and heal quickly.

Lol, it’s my wrists. . I broke both in February skiing. Had surgery early in March, then rebroke wrist 10 days ago. So I’m down to one cast (right hand and yep, I’m right handed.).

I must admit with my temporary handicap, my Expedition makes driving so much easier. It’s so much easier than Mustang or F150.

Glad to hear we could help with decision! Of all Expedition’s that are local, I haven’t seen another blue. Only red was navigator, but that reminded me of my Explorer.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score

SHW, I have a questions for you what color interior, ebony? Is the black headliner to dark in any way?

I know your husband ordered your sight unseen, but if you had the choice/option would you have gotten Platinum?

For some reason I thought you had a Platinum, so I was going to ask how you swapped out to BC mirror caps. There are really only three "exterior MODs I am looking at:

1) Debaging, I did it on my current SUV and love the clean look
2) Front window tint
3) Get BC mirror caps

Last edited:

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SHW, I have a questions for you what color interior, ebony? Is the black headliner to dark in any way?

I know your husband ordered your sight unseen, but if you had the choice/option would you have gotten Platinum?

For some reason I thought you had a Platinum, so I was going to ask how you swapped out to BC mirror caps. There are really only three "exterior MODs I am looking at:

1) Debaging, I id it on my current SUV and love the clean look
2) Front window tint
3) Get BC mirror caps
You can debadge these, but only to a limited extent. You can take "Platinum" off the sides and back, or you could take "XLT/Limited/Platinum" off the back (only Platinums have trim badging on the driver's door). But you cant take the blue oval or "Expedition" (or MAX, if applicable) off the tailgate...those are integrated into the body of the vehicle.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can debadge these, but only to a limited extent. You can take "Platinum" off the sides and back, or you could take "XLT/Limited/Platinum" off the back (only Platinums have trim badging on the driver's door). But you cant take the blue oval or "Expedition" (or MAX, if applicable) off the tailgate...those are integrated into the body of the vehicle.

Yeah I know. I am OK with the Blue oval and the Expedition in the tailgate, just want all the other stuff off, to look as clean as possible. But thanks for the heads up

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score

1) Debaging, I id it on my current SUV and love the clean look
2) Front window tint
3) Get BC mirror caps

I love the ebony interior, headliner is black also. To me, it’s not too dark. Living in Arizona we have an abundance of sunshine!

Our F150’s both have tan interior and the interior seems too light. Especially with lighter interior leather our jeans discolor the leather and having to clean the ink is a pain. I haven’t found ANY jeans that don’t transfer ink.

Regarding the platinum, the quilted leather is not a look that I prefer. I thought I wanted the platinum only for the hp, but not for an additional 25 hp, as I may add a tuner later but I’m not sure. If I want to drive fast, I’ll drive our 5.0 or the Challenger. And the Limited has plenty of pep with great gas mileage. My Limited and a Platinum are so close with options- it doesn’t make me regret his purchase except when I have to share it.

I added the tint already, and with the black interior it’s perfect. I’m in Arizona where it’s already 100 outside. . The tint makes a huge difference!

I’m debating on debadging it, the jury is out.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the ebony interior, headliner is black also. To me, it’s not too dark. Living in Arizona we have an abundance of sunshine!

Our F150’s both have tan interior and the interior seems too light. Especially with lighter interior leather our jeans discolor the leather and having to clean the ink is a pain. I haven’t found ANY jeans that don’t transfer ink.

Regarding the platinum, the quilted leather is not a look that I prefer. I thought I wanted the platinum only for the hp, but not for an additional 25 hp, as I may add a tuner later but I’m not sure. If I want to drive fast, I’ll drive our 5.0 or the Challenger. And the Limited has plenty of pep with great gas mileage. My Limited and a Platinum are so close with options- it doesn’t make me regret his purchase except when I have to share it.

I added the tint already, and with the black interior it’s perfect. I’m in Arizona where it’s already 100 outside. . The tint makes a huge difference!

I’m debating on debadging it, the jury is out.
What’s your trick to cleaning the light color interior in your F150’s?

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What’s your trick to cleaning the light color interior in your F150’s?

Using leather cleaner and conditioner. Meguiar’s is my favorite. I have to do this a minimum of 1x per month. Staying on top of it makes it easier.

I’ve seen where people use no-name leather cleaner that dyed a customers leather blue. Ugh! What a mess.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using leather cleaner and conditioner. Meguiar’s is my favorite. I have to do this a minimum of 1x per month. Staying on top of it makes it easier.

I’ve seen where people use no-name leather cleaner that dyed a customers leather blue. Ugh! What a mess.
Thanks for the tip. I’m pretty obsessive over things like dust, fingerprints, and blemishes so the cappuccino color in this truck has been a bit of a love/hate relationship lol.