Controls of CCD Suspension in a 2018 Max Platinum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xmantec

Reaction score
Hello, does anybody knows where are the CCD suspension controls in a 2018 Expedition Max Platinum? I went to the dealership but the salesman had no idea where can I change the options for Normal, Comfort and Sport. Looked for them in the instrument panel cluster and in the Sync 3 touchscreen, and didn't found anything. Also looked for it in the owners manual and didn't find it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

TxBrian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the drive mode button right under the gear selector.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm owners manual,
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...wners-Manual-version-1_om_2_EN-US_08_2017.pdf

and WHOLLY cow...i just spent 30 minutes looking for it. I believe its int eh settings menu and toggled through the steering wheel controls as the drive mode chapter had nothing on the ccd
side note the over the top stuff they crammed in for trailers is making my head hurt, and yes trailer tire pressure are available

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its different from theold models. In the old models, the ccd was selectable through a drill dwn menu in the instrument cluster. In the 18s, theres a button on the center console you can push that changes the ccd options(the buttons are different with 2wd or 4wd). You have to choose tbe correct drive mode for the ccd to change(sport md for sport, nml md/all others for normal, eco md for comfort)

OP
OP
X

Xmantec

Reaction score
Its different from theold models. In the old models, the ccd was selectable through a drill dwn menu in the instrument cluster. In the 18s, theres a button on the center console you can push that changes the ccd options(the buttons are different with 2wd or 4wd). You have to choose tbe correct drive mode for the ccd to change(sport md for sport, nml md/all others for normal, eco md for comfort)

Thanks, I was looking for it as you said, like in the old models, but couldn't find it anywhere. Do you know if this suspension is the same as in the 2018 Navigator?

OP
OP
X

Xmantec

Reaction score
You would change the Mode. Turn the dial and the options appear on the screen. View attachment 23646

Thanks a lot Spoiledhappywife, I'm about to purchase a Expedition same as yours, except with the ceramic interior. If you could change the color would you choose the White Platinum instead? I'm not 100% sure if the blue one or the white one.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of white cars personally. I love color.

My 2018 Expedition is blue metallic
My 2018 F150 is blue jean / silver
My 2015 Mustang GT is blue/ black convertible
My 2015 f-150 is bronzefire/ caribou
My 2015 Challenger is sublime green

White is common in Arizona, too common. I had a white pearl navigator already, so time for change. I realize 3 vehicles are blue... . Oops! White is just not my favorite....

Why are you contemplating?

zarga

Reaction score
FWIW, white shows the dirt. I have washed this truck more in a month than the previous 10 years years of beige car ownership. Doesn't take much to look dirty. My husband never washes his grey car and it looks fine; the dirt isn't nearly as noticeable.

OP
OP
X

Xmantec

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of white cars personally. I love color.

My 2018 Expedition is blue metallic
My 2018 F150 is blue jean / silver
My 2015 Mustang GT is blue/ black convertible
My 2015 f-150 is bronzefire/ caribou
My 2015 Challenger is sublime green

White is common in Arizona, too common. I had a white pearl navigator already, so time for change. I realize 3 vehicles are blue... . Oops! White is just not my favorite....

Why are you contemplating?

My favorite colors are white and blue, my 2004 Expedition was blue, and my 2007 also is blue, had a 2000 Windstar also blue, so all my SUV's - Vans have been blue. For cars I prefer white.

So as you can see blue and white are my favorite. First time when I went to see the 2018 Expedition at the dealership, it was a Platinum Metallic White and I liked it, except it was not Max and had black interior. So I like both colors but it is in my head if it is time to change to white in the 2018 Expedition.

I like the way this metallic blue color shines with the sun, so this is why I'm having a hard color decision.