Coolant low again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lincolnnorman

Reaction score
Hi,
The coolant in My 2018 lincoln navigator (bought 4 months ago with 38000 miles) is low again under the minimum mark. I asked the dealer to fill it up 3 months ago when it was low. I do not see any leak on the ground.
What might be the problem?
Thanks

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
Have the dealer put a dye in the coolent and run a pressure test. They’ll use a uv light to locate the leak.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,
The coolant in My 2018 lincoln navigator (bought 4 months ago with 38000 miles) is low again under the minimum mark. I asked the dealer to fill it up 3 months ago when it was low. I do not see any leak on the ground.
Thanks

The coolant level began to drop slowly on my 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4. The dealer pressure tested the system and determined the molded nipple (with metal insert) on the reservoir jug was cracked slightly and leaking, and also a large molded hose that connects to it was leaking slightly at the fitting end.

I check the oil and coolant level weekly, and when it began to slowly drop - there was not any coolant on the ground or any smell of leaking coolant. The service writer said the mechanic had to wiggle the fitting to reproduce the leak.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a head gasket leak...they should "sniff" the coolant / Degas bottle and see if there are any exhaust gasses in it (too).

hardeep2000

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks
I have 2018 navigator…similar problem. However i have noticed coolant leak sometimes on my garage. Did ur dealer find the issue?

Benztech

Reaction score
I'm taking my wife's truck in for some issues Monday and this is one of them. Not leaking a lot. Just small 2" puddles. Had all the phasers done not long ago, now the reservoir is 2" below minimum. I suspect it's related but I'll let you know what they say.

Cbrnole

Reaction score
Just had a similar issue. 5he hose that goes to the water pump was leaking.
$500 later, issue fixed.