Coolant pipe under manifold question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esat

Reaction score
Thank you!

So I changed plugs and coils a couple of months ago (less than 2k miles on them). In addition to the intake, I plan to purchase and replace:

• O-ring on coolant pipe
  • Knock sensor
  • Water pump
  • Fan clutch
  • Injector o-rings
  • Valve cover gaskets
Are there any other parts, sensors, etc. that I need to consider while I've got it torn down this far?
If you want I can send you what brands of this parts I used, I also changed my thermostat to 185 degree one oem 195 degree since heat mess the plastic intake I try to reduce it a bit. They have also 175 degree opening ones but I found out later, here in Alabama cold is not issue but heat is especially summer time.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bolt snapper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That'd be great!

I now kind of wonder if the previous owner had a similar idea on the thermostat. I owned it for a couple of weeks and drove it on one long-ish drive (250 miles round trip). Shortly after, I got a P code (can't remember the code) for 'low coolant temp'. I replaced the thermostat with the 195-degree OEM, and now a couple months later I have a coolant leak. I'm wondering if the previous owner (or his mechanic) put a lower temp stat in to keep the plastic from warping? I hadn't thought of that until your response.