Correct ALLA LED Reverse and Tail lights for 2021 FX4 XLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperVette

Reaction score
Ok I have done the headlight upgrades and have new fogs ready to install (all ALLA LEDs). LOVE the improvement!

I want to do the reverse lights (the factory bulbs are terrible) and possibly the tail lights. Does anyone have the ALLA numbers for what I need?

Thanks!

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Ok I have done the headlight upgrades and have new fogs ready to install (all ALLA LEDs). LOVE the improvement!

I want to do the reverse lights (the factory bulbs are terrible) and possibly the tail lights. Does anyone have the ALLA numbers for what I need?

Thanks!
Last set of allas I used lasted 2 weeks after install, then they started to flicker. Sent in request for replacements and after having them in for a week, same issue. Switched to LASfit and never looked back. Not one issue. I’d stay away from the Amazon brands like alla and sea light etc. get good quality LEDs

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last set of allas I used lasted 2 weeks after install, then they started to flicker. Sent in request for replacements and after having them in for a week, same issue. Switched to LASfit and never looked back. Not one issue. I’d stay away from the Amazon brands like alla and sea light etc. get good quality LEDs
After reading the reviews for the Alla tail/reverse/license plate lights on Amazon I went with these for the rear end on my rig. I do however, have all Alla lights up front w/o any issues for the last 18 months.

1645038319868.png
1645038344821.png
^Reverse lights^
1645038388556.png
^Rear brake/running lights
Source: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c...Fit&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR&categoryGroupId=15653

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
After reading the reviews for the Alla tail/reverse/license plate lights on Amazon I went with these for the rear end on my rig. I do however, have all Alla lights up front w/o any issues for the last 18 months.

View attachment 72284
View attachment 72285
^Reverse lights^
View attachment 72286
^Rear brake/running lights
Source: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c3/brake-stop-and-tail-lights/15653?filterValue=isFitted_uFilter:Exact Fit&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR&categoryGroupId=15653
Yeah sylvania are great too. Had some of those in the past as well.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Phillips Ultinon 168 and it looks so bright comparing to Sylvania.

So, you’ve seen a side by side comparison of yours next to the LED Sylvania tail lights I posted above? When I see my Expy next to one running stock halogens, mine are much brighter and sharper

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, you’ve seen a side by side comparison of yours next to the LED Sylvania tail lights I posted above? When I see my Expy next to one running stock halogens, mine are much brighter and sharper
Looking at the sylvania ZEVO and the Philips Ultinon bulbs side-by-side (picture to picture), it appears the Philips bulbs have more LED diodes per bulb than the comparable ZEVO bulbs. If this the case then they may be brighter but I have yet to see claimed lumen output for any of them, only claims that they are X% brighter than a traditional filament bulb.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Looking at the sylvania ZEVO and the Philips Ultinon bulbs side-by-side (picture to picture), it appears the Philips bulbs have more LED diodes per bulb than the comparable ZEVO bulbs. If this the case then they may be brighter but I have yet to see claimed lumen output for any of them, only claims that they are X% brighter than a traditional filament bulb.
Yeah i try to stay away from bulbs that don’t have a lumen output or color temp listed. I like all mine to match and if I have to use different companies, I at least want them to be the same color temp.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my post above that link has a video from sylvania explaining why that set only needs 1-2 high output diodes per bulb compared to the competition

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701