Courtesy wipe. Seriously?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What the heck? I got into my '08 expy and the wiper did one wipe. Did this 3 different times so I figure electrical gremlins.

Wiping a dry dusty windshield is not good at all. Do a Google search.

A Courtesy wipe. Never heard of it. Ok, to cold to go back out and look at the menu to see how to disable it.

Anyone like this?

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its posted a lot over on the ford truck forums.

And dammit I cant find a way to disable it.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan I guess?

Or maybe somewhere deep in the menus if you have an optioned-up navigation and entertainment package

Dont recall seeing any such option on the basic odometer screen control (if it IS there, search up how to do oil life reset for entering the mode that lets you into the hidden options menu)

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the 17 there is a setting for courtesy wipe which is part of the remote start setting for climate control.

If you have sensor wipers and your wipers are turned on and there is dirt on your sensor it may think there is water on the windshield. The only way to avoid it is to turn the wiper control to the off position.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh and I am getting Forscan and a extended license so I can program a second key that I didn't get. Will look at the possibility of disabling this wiper feature.

OP
OP
34Ford

34Ford

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mist sensor on my other car does it when the humidity changes. can be mystifying for sure.

Tell me about it. One guy ended up putting a manual switch on his dash to turn off any power to the wipers until he wanted them on. I had thought of that.

I despise the fact that it is cutting the glass with the dry dust.

I have a activation for Forscan. Will see what I find in it, if it would only warm up outside.

bronsonb

Reaction score
On my Ford Fusion, "Courtesy Wipe" can be turned on or off using the settings menu that shows up to the left of the speedometer (controlled by the left set of buttons on the steering wheel). The owner's manual was thin on what the heck a "courtesy wipe" was, but the best I can tell is that after it does a series of wipes, it pauses for a second or two and then does ONE MORE wipe. Gives me a laugh actually.