Crank, no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
....... My expo is gonna have to now b reprogrammed by ford. I have to replace bad pats module then dealer reprograms ecm. I wish this an easy off situation. I don’t want the pats antitheft anyway!!

Sounds expensive ........ wish we could help..... good luck!

Reaction score
Sounds expensive ........ wish we could help..... good luck!

U all have already helped.. I appreciate all help so far. I’ll keep u posted next week from dealer standpoint. I have thrown same parts on, without dealer labor, but I can’t program it lol. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don, if all of the keys you have are programmed into the ecu/pcm, as long as the theft light wasn't blinking rapidly during the attempted starts the no start condition was caused by something else.

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don, if all of the keys you have are programmed into the ecu/pcm, as long as the theft light wasn't blinking rapidly during the attempted starts the no start condition was caused by something else.

I did not look at the dash to see if the theft light was blinking rapidly ....... I was in a state of shock, and was not reacting rationally.
I used the same key for two weeks following the NO START, and just changed keys. If the condition repeats, I will focus on a blinking light, and determine
if the condition is key related.

I'm assuming that ii is key related, as the system reset, and anything fuel related would not reset automatically. Or, as you suggest in post #28: it isn't a case of "resetting" more to the tune on making enough contact to "close" the circuit and allow current flow.

I have been using the same ignition key since 2004.
It may be tired.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69