cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josephmast94

Reaction score
I have an 05 e.b. that had no c.c. when I bought it, tring to find out why. It does nothing at all when I try to engage it, have checked a few fuses I read about online but they seem fine, although I'm not sure I'm even looking at the right one. Have also tried the self test but nothing happens (no blinks form the light).

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are two fuses in the circuit Fuse #5 and #2 You should be able to see their location if you have the owners manual if not let me know. You could be having a problem with the deactivator switch or the brake pedal position switch.

How well can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

When checking fuses use a meter Do not just look at them.

OP
OP
J

josephmast94

Reaction score
there are two fuses in the circuit Fuse #5 and #2 You should be able to see their location if you have the owners manual if not let me know. You could be having a problem with the deactivator switch or the brake pedal position switch.

How well can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

When checking fuses use a meter Do not just look at them.

I do not have a owners manual, but the cover for fuse panel shows the numbers, I checked #5 &#2 with the multi meter and they both showed continuity.

Not that great with wiring diagrams but I will take any help I can get!! Cruise control is not worth me paying someone to figure it out.

jt_armstrong

Reaction score
Would be interested to see if you have success in resolving. My CC has never worked since I owned the car. Fuses are good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an '05 as well, and when I bought it I couldn't get the CC to turn on. I used an MX OBDLink MX with FORScan on Windows to troubleshoot it, and it turned out that my ON switch on the steering wheel was bad. All switches worked, as I was able to see the inputs on the PCM with FORScan, but the ON switch would only register if I pressed hard in one corner.

Funugy

Reaction score
My steering wheel switch was bad as well. As a matter of fact, most of the switches on the sterring wheel were bad. I'm a cheap SOB so instead of buying new switches, I took them off. I then used a metal pick (screwdriver looking thing with a pointy end) and placed it inside the switch. There are 2 metal pads that touch each other when you press the button. I scraped them both with the metal pick. Guess they get corroded. Worked like a champ.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've found many steering wheel switches killed by people that drink sodas or coffee while driving and spill half of it onto the steering wheel and associated switches. Many times just spraying out the switches with contact cleaner will bring 'em back to life. Always my first go-to fix.

-Mike