cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

josephmast94

Reaction score
UPDATE
Sorry for the late update but shipping took forever on my new steering wheel switches but I got them today, pulled the air bag and changed them out. Cruise control works flawlessly now. Got the used switch on eBay for about 40 bucks, took about 2 weeks to get here but its worth it now.

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
40 bucks? Was that the "low trim" switches which only controls the CC, or was it the "high trim" switches which controls CC on the left and radio/AC on the right?

martinek

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4X4 5.4L Triton. One day my cruise control stopped working. i used it on my way to work and when I got done and tried to use it on my way home, it wouldn't work.
My "Deactivation switch" on the master cylinder was leaking. I let it alone and forgot about it until my brakes got mushy and almost to the floor. Then I hunted down the leak at that deactivation switch. I just replaced it with a new one today and no more brake fluid leak but still no cruise control.

What could be the problem with my cruise? Horn works well, as I've seen that attached to many CC issues. Are there any fuses I need to check? Which ones? Where are they located on the fuse panel inside the truck or the power distribution box under the hood?

Help!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65