Custom Bumper Park Assist Sensor Retainer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Have any of you with a custom front bumper retained your park assist sensors? If so, how did you mount them?
I have three out of the four factory retainers from my 17 Expy, but before I buy the fourth one I wanted to verify a couple of things. The first thing is that if I were able to epoxy the retainer to my new bumper as is, the sensor wouldn't be flush with the front of the bumper. I was thinking that if I used an F150 style is would be a better fit and an easier install as they just pop in. The only problem is knowing if my factory sensors will fit in the F150 retainer. I have a picture of what I'd like to use below.

Sensor and Holder F150 -2.jpg Sensor and Holder F150.jpg

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm using the stock ones for my 16. They're fine. Slightly inset due to the thickness of the metal bumper vs plastic but it doesn't affect the sensors.
Some heavy duty epoxy or glue is your friend.

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I'm using the stock ones for my 16. They're fine. Slightly inset due to the thickness of the metal bumper vs plastic but it doesn't affect the sensors.
Some heavy duty epoxy or glue is your friend.
Excellent. Thanks.