Cutting off muffler 2010 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has just cut off there muffler and placed a pipe to replace the muffler?

Anyone have vids or opinions? I love the sound of the 5.4 Triton v8 when you punch it but want to hear some "roar" so to speak.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score

To each his own, but to me no muffler sounds like total crap.

I think you (and everyone around you) would be much happier with any muffler from Flowmaster, Gibson, Borla, Magnaflow, Corsa, SLP, etc. Even Jegs has their own line of mufflers.

No offense to the highschoolers reading this -- your '83 Dodge sounds completely badass with no muffler.

OP
OP
XLTExpoGuy2010

XLTExpoGuy2010

Full Access Members
Reaction score

To each his own, but to me no muffler sounds like total crap.

I think you (and everyone around you) would be much happier with any muffler from Flowmaster, Gibson, Borla, Magnaflow, Corsa, SLP, etc. Even Jegs has their own line of mufflers.

No offense to the highschoolers reading this -- your '83 Dodge sounds completely badass with no muffler.
Thanks buddy!! Yeah that's my debate honestly. I kinda like sound but I don't know and of course mufflers don't do great justice either.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has just cut off there muffler and placed a pipe to replace the muffler?

Anyone have vids or opinions? I love the sound of the 5.4 Triton v8 when you punch it but want to hear some "roar" so to speak.

DO IT!!!! Can I have your muffler. Ford has made some of the longest lasting ones since the early 90s.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think with just pipe it will sound terrible and "brappy" and "pappy" .

A straight glass pack might keep it mean but not poppy but I think a thick walled smaller muffler style maybe even straight though design would sound best.
Dynamax, flowmaster and bunch other make them.

648994fords

Reaction score
I have the quietest magnaflow on mine, it does sound good, but its loud, and drones pretty bad. Been on for two years now and I'm probably going to go back to stock or a walker. I'd like to hear a walker on a 5.4 first tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score

There's an App you can get that wirelessly senses your engine/throttle/etc , and sends audio via Bluetooth to your car stereo that mimics the sound of a straight pipe. You can even have it simulate the sound of a 12 cylinder , a Harley , various options. You can turn the volume up as loud as you want and immerse yourself in testosterone inducing sound. I think theres even a Tesla version, becuz they're too quiet. If you step hard on the gas it makes a screeching sound like tires ripping up the pavement. You can buy a special seatpad accessory that vibrates your booty in sync with the audio to further enhance the experience. I heard its ********.

Last edited:

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be cutting off my factory muffler and putting on a ROUSH muffler that was taken off a low mile F-150 trade in @ my work. Going to be loud, can't wait to hear it!

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
There's an App you can get that wirelessly senses your engine/throttle/etc , and sends audio via Bluetooth to your car stereo that mimics the sound of a straight pipe. You can even have it simulate the sound of a 12 cylinder , a Harley , various options. You can turn the volume up as loud as you want and immerse yourself in testosterone inducing sound. I think theres even a Tesla version, becuz they're too quiet. If you step hard on the gas it makes a screeching sound like tires ripping up the pavement. You can buy a special seatpad accessory that vibrates your booty in sync with the audio to further enhance the experience. I heard its ********.

LOL...Too funny.