Cylinder 4 misfire plus EVAP System Monitor and Catalyst Monitor won't complete cycle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLK1990

Reaction score
Did you have any luck getting your two expeditions running better? Such as acceleration? I have the same issues with my 2004 Ford Expedition 5.4 Eddie B.

The original owner 2004 Ford Expedition E.B 5.4. It is struggling to Accelerate and it's bad!!

These are the items I replaced:
  • 8 Motorcraft spark plugs and 8 OEM Coils replaced
  • Replaced fuel filter
  • Replaced Air filter
  • Cleaned injectors multiple times (Chevron, STP, Seafoam etc.)
  • Replaced EGR Valve (Duralast)
  • Replaced ENR Pressure Valve Sensor (Duralast)
  • Replaced Crank Shaft Sensor (Duralast)
  • Checked hoses
  • Replaced EVAC hose / green tip
  • Replaced PCV and hoses (minus one in the far back)
  • Replaced Airbag horn unit (horn burned out by not turning off. (Neighbors enjoyed the 3 AM horn blaring many nights until removing negative from the battery)
  • Replaced Battery
  • Replaced MAF (Hitachi)
  • Replaced front and rear brake pads
  • Replaced Serpentine belt
  • Codes I could not get rid of until recently. They magically went away C1701, P0172, P0174, P0442, P0301, P0308, P0316,
  • Codes that popped up P0231, P1000, and U1262
  • Yesterday only
    • U1262
  • The Expedition idles smoothly with no lifter noise. There’s no smoke (blue or white from the exhaust. I need help!!! I’ve taken it to two different service centers paying $185 and $175, to leave frustrated. No smoke test was performed.

Last edited: