cylinder head question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrew06511

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting new or newer cylinder heads due to a blown plug and exhaust manifold rust, I was wondering if anything swapped out or was interchangeable that solved the spark plug thread issue such as a 4v head? 99 expedition 5.4 4x4

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Your 99 should have pi heads. These would bolt right in but come with mustang cams. You can swap in your expy cams. You would also need romeo valve covers if your expy happens to have a windsor built motor. You need left and right specific heads since cams are installed.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-6049-P46/10002/-1

4v heads would require more mods. Intake, exhaust, tune etc....

Trick flow heads are also an option but expensive. They are also better suited to a higher rpm or hp setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

andrew06511

Reaction score
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I unfortunately have the windsor, I never knew both the 4.6 and 5.4 heads were the same but looked into it, hmmm more options lol idk what direction I'm going to do now lol