Dash Board Removal - Heater Core Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsongus

Reaction score
Ok, here is an oldy. I have an 03 Expedition XLT with 4.6 which needs a front heater core replaced. I searched around the web and got better little on the 03 through 06 Expedition. So I contacted Fordtechmakuloco and he forwarded me a Ford service manual on removing the heater core. Unfortunately, it said to "remove the dashboard". After spending the entire weekend unbolting and cursing, the heater core is still in the plenum.
So to make long story (question) short, has anyone remove the dashboard on a 03 Expedition and replace the heater core? Any hint or visual instruction would be greatly appreciated. (Unfortunately, I learn by watching and doing. I was never good at school.
Thank you.

Jim

Last edited:

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PM me your email and i'll send you a pdf of the dash removal

Dan Zicari

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2008 Expedition Limited and I am struggling with the dashboard as well. I have removed every bolt I can see including the 3 larger ones on the extreme left and right of the dash. I will add a picture if needed. It wiggles a little but will not separate. I am stuck!!!!

Kenko

Reaction score
PM me your email and i'll send you a pdf of the dash removal

Could u send me one too? I have an 06, which think has the same dash setup.
I'm actually trying to access the front evaporator which is leaking. I cant find any write ups or videos on dash removal.