Dash Coin Holder Replacement... ?Different Idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewey3

Reaction score
Greetings all! Like many others here, I would like to replace the useless dash coin holder (at least useless to me). I've seen many threads, including a recent post to an older thread about replacing the coin holder with a cell phone holder. Not wanting to hijack a cell phone holder thread, I wanted put my different idea in a new thread... first, to get others' thoughts, but also, to see if maybe this idea has already been floated, or put into use.

Since we will be towing our Expy behind our motorhome, I would like to replace the dash coin holder with a 2nd dash power point, a twin to the power point on the passenger side. The difference being is that I would wire the new power point directly to the battery, fused of course, so I would not have to worry about that power point timing out. If anyone has added a 2nd OEM power point in place of the dash coin holder, were there any challenges, such as, how the power point holder is secured to the dash -vs- the coin holder. I know that I can probably completely eliminate the power point timeout in ForScan, but 1), I don't know the correct ForScan setting to program an infinite time period (ideas welcomed here as well), and 2), I don't know if that will affect anything else that may be programmed to the power point's timeout. As always, thanks to all!