Rear glass replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarmstro

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, i also backed through a half open garage door with a practically brand new 23 expedition in CO. The ford dealer in Steamboat sent us to a local glass installer that has now ordered 3 aftermarket parts that have the same fit problem that you describe. So what was the part manufacturer that finally worked and what was their part number. thanks for the very relevant post.

OP
OP
C

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
The part number wasnt the issue, manf is XYG. It was a bad batch. Another brand was what worked. It wasn't OEM, though that is what we would do if the other didn't fit. My glass guy is Peterson Auto glass. If you call him, I am sure he would remember. He said he hasn't had more than 2 bad glass supplies in 20 years. The batch has the hinges glued too low on the glass which raised the latch.

Glass part id: db12906ypy

Ford Parts number: JL1Z78422A12A

aarmstro

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up. The glass installer ordered two different rear lift glass panels, and both had this same fit problem. Supposedly from different suppliers, but perhaps it was same manufacturer.