Deep sleep mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skmcclain

Reaction score
So I have gotten a notification twice now saying my features in the app have been disabled due to inactivity and once I start my vehicle again it will go back to normal. It says my Expy is in deep sleep mode ( I can't remote start it or use the app features) but the thing is both times I have gotten the notification it has been shortly after coming home from going out and driving it. Is this a glitch?

2020 XLT

Screenshot_20201210-230423_FordPass.jpg

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting... haven't run across this app in anything related to our 2018 Expy yet. Not sure its available on the earlier models in this forum.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has it been sitting for a long time before you took it for a drive? Battery voltage could be low and a short drive, even a long drive will not charge it completely. Driving it will refresh the app data if it has been parked for a long time. I have seen this a few times and I only drive mine once a week at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EngRWW33

Reaction score
As a rule of thumb, if I know my vehicle (GX470) will be sitting for more than 10 days undriven, it gets the trickle charger.
At least two/three times a year I leave for a month at a time for work and I got tired of jump starting and subsequently prematurely wearing the battery. The trickle charger works perfectly.

I know that if I drain the battery, I have to drive for 30-40 minutes to get it back to full charge. Not 100% sure on the wife's Expy, but I would imagine a minimum of 30 minute drive after sitting for an extended period would be required to charge. And even then, I would break out the multimeter to verify.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since COVID, my Expedition sits in the garage for many days without being driven/started. I seem to get the notification after about 10 days after not being driven/started. If you are getting the notification after just driving the truck, then there is something wrong, probably battery or charging system related

drjeff

Reaction score
I went through months of having Intelligent Access not working all the time and loss of the auto stop/start. Two dealers could not find any problems with battery or charging system. Finally took it to dealer and insisted there is something wrong. They finally looked beyond no error codes generated and discovered the battery was bad. All is well again....

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I have owned my Expy (07/2020, the intelligent access on both driver-side doors has never worked. Works great on the passenger-side. I have trickle charged the battery for a few days (13.2 V), cleaned the handles, tried the spare key-fob to no avail.

I have an appt. w/ my local Ford service this Friday (14-Dec) morning to have this looked at. I've been sucking it up since I owned the vehicle. I mean, I can open the door with the key-pad, key-fob, Ford-pass, & key so...but now that I am 550 miles away from nixing the 36k warranty I'm having it looked at. I hear it may be a bad intrusion detection sensor somewhere. Shall see. I do have an extended warranty as well.

OP
OP
Skmcclain

Skmcclain

Reaction score
No actually I drive it nearly every day. In fact I got this notification on Thursday, and I drove it 800 miles from Louisiana to South Carolina in Tuesday, two days prior.