System Sleep After Serviced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am getting a message on my phone almost as soon as I cut off my car now...ford had my car all day and supposed fixed the hatch not unlocking and now none of the doors will lock/unlock and remote start/lock/unlock no longer works. Anyone ran into this!? I don’t think I can take it back to this dealer after this happening!

4C2C7FE5-39BE-44E8-814C-BF59AECD8D3A.png

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Normally deep sleep will happen after your car hasn’t been started in several days to help preserve battery charge. Just manually start the Expy and it should reset the deep sleep to off.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer did not use a charger while doing repairs and really pulled the battery to a low state of charge. If you have a battery charger hook it up and let it charge overnight. Also while the charger is hooked up see if you have connectivity. If that doesn't solve the issue have the battery tested.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s the issue. It’s happening each shutdown.

Mine went through a similar period when it was new and I was toying around with all the accessories, etc. After I drove the vehicle on about a 80-mile round trip, the constant sleep problem stopped and has not happened again. As another post stated, it very likely could be due to a weak state of charge.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low state of charge after a 1.5 hour trip is not normal though...

The low state of charge came before I went on the trip. The point I was making is that the 80-mile trip was enough to eliminate the low charge state and the problem has not occurred again.