Did anyone purchase the new expedition with X-plan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife works at the local Ford dealership. She gets the employee plan and it beats them all.

wingrider

Reaction score
Time for a part time job..... get the dealer discount and split.

wingrider

Reaction score
Joining the chorus of "dealer beat the X-Plan" - it wasn't even close for us.
My dealer really grumbled about doing X-Plan and of course didn't offer to beat it. I made the rookie mistake of thinking it was going to be the best deal over negotiating. I won't make that mistake again on the next Ford.

I didn't have a choice on the GT500 several years ago as it wasn't on X-Plan, but back then I was able to eventually get one at MSRP but it took contacting about a dozen dealers all over the state. I can't imagine what the pricing will be like if I get serious about another GT500 next year. It's all just a racket.

Last edited:

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My dealer really grumbled about doing X-Plan and of course didn't offer to beat it. I made the rookie mistake of thinking it was going to be the best deal over negotiating. I won't make that mistake again on the next Ford.

I didn't have a choice on the GT500 as it wasn't on X-Plan, but back then I was able to eventually get one at MSRP but it took contacting about a dozen dealers all over the state. It's all just a racket.

I'd love a GT500, those are amazing cars. Both those and the Raptors demand a premium for sure.

I had an X-plan pin via Mustang Club and ended up getting a much better deal as well from the dealer. I will say that knowing the X-plan price gave me a good starting point when it came to negotiating. If I would have known that I could have just accessed the X-plan site without having to have the pin I would have just done that first. Luckily it was only 20$ or something for the Mustang Club membership, so I felt it was more than fair.

wingrider

Reaction score
I'd love a GT500, those are amazing cars. Both those and the Raptors demand a premium for sure.

I had an X-plan pin via Mustang Club and ended up getting a much better deal as well from the dealer. I will say that knowing the X-plan price gave me a good starting point when it came to negotiating. If I would have known that I could have just accessed the X-plan site without having to have the pin I would have just done that first. Luckily it was only 20$ or something for the Mustang Club membership, so I felt it was more than fair.

It's good I don't have space. I'd be eating Ramen and have a Raptor and a new GT500 being towed by a new Expedition. Not a truck guy per se, but I have several co-workers that have Raptors and they're pretty amazing. Shame they don't tow or carry more people...

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not arguing, I am curious, of those who say the dealership beat X-plan pricing - did the dealership show you a printout that listed the X-plan price? Usually they call it "the invoice" which is anymore a mostly fictional document or misnomer. The form I've seen also listed A/Z and D numbers adjacent to X-plan, which were obscured, but I was able to see with my own eyes what my X-plan price was. Has always been number an odd number & to the penny ... and certainly not handwritten by a smooth sales manager.

Random example of a Ford invoice (lack of better terms) that lists the numbers. If your dealer showed you something other than this, then who knows what you really were looking at.

87048d1330098881t-ford-x-plan-invoice-example-2.jpg

A local GMC dealer has been holding onto the 'employee pricing plus' gimmick. My work has a fleet of GM products so we get whatever the GM equivalent is. Coworker recently bought a new Sierra and no surprise, our fleet discount was significantly better than what the dealership wants you to think a GM employee pays. I get marketing, but come on....

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not arguing, I am curious, of those who say the dealership beat X-plan pricing - did the dealership show you a printout that listed the X-plan price? Usually they call it "the invoice" which is anymore a mostly fictional document or misnomer. The form I've seen also listed A/Z and D numbers adjacent to X-plan, which were obscured, but I was able to see with my own eyes what my X-plan price was. Has always been number an odd number & to the penny ... and certainly not handwritten by a smooth sales manager.

A local GMC dealer has been holding onto the "employee pricing plus" gimmick. My work has a fleet of GM products so we get whatever the GM equivalent is. Coworker recently bought a new Sierra and no surprise, our fleet discount was better than what the dealership wants you to think a GM employee pays. I get marketing, but come on....

Random example of a Ford invoice (lack of better terms) that lists the numbers. If your dealer showed you something other than this, then who knows what you really were looking at.

87048d1330098881t-ford-x-plan-invoice-example-2.jpg

You can pull xplan pricing right from the xplan site I believe can’t you?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can pull xplan pricing right from the xplan site I believe can’t you?

Could be possible, I've personally never seen it.

I have, however, had an xplan price written on the back of a business card. Which turned out to not be xplan price after all. Some dealers just fuel distrust.