differences between 2010-12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking at trading our 06 in on an 11 (XLT). But just wanted to make sure that their were no major changes. I do not recall anything powertrain-wise, but I know the models had changed (no more Eddie Bauer) and I think the 12's have lighted door sills, but a dealer here has some 11' that they are selling for under $30k with low miles - so I may be doing the upgrade to get to the 6-speed and get rid of my 4wd. Thanks in advance, Mike.

PS - if you frequent multiple forums, you will see this on another one, thx

OP
OP
M

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YEAR TO YEAR CHANGES

2004 Ford Expedition: Wider availability of the power-folding third-row seat led the 2004 changes to the smaller of Ford's two full-size SUVs. ABS and power-adjustable pedals were standard. Options included a load-leveling suspension and Ford's AdvanceTrac system. The power third-row seat was available for the first time in cloth-upholstered Expeditions. Also more widely available for 2004 were a tire-pressure monitor, rear obstacle detection, and rear-seat DVD entertainment.
2005 Ford Expedition: A stronger 5.4-liter V8 engine, with 40 more horsepower, went into 2005 Expeditions. The 4.6-liter V8 was dropped. Optional AdvanceTrac included Roll Stability Control, which was designed to detect an impending tipover and activate the antiskid system to reduce the chance of such an occurrence. Power-adjustable pedals were optional on the XLT and XLT Sport, and standard on upper models.
2006 Ford Expedition: No significant changes for the 2006 Expedition.
2007 Ford Expedition: Ford's largest SUV gained fresh front and rear styling and an extended-wheelbase model for 2007. The Expedition EL had a 12-inch-longer wheelbase than the regular-length model and was 14.8 inches longer overall. Both versions seat seven or eight with available three-place 2nd-row seating. An available front bench seat increased seating capacity to nine. The sole engine remained a 300-hp V8, but a 6-speed automatic transmission replaced a 4-speed automatic.
2008 Ford Expedition: Expedition added a top-line King Ranch version with upgraded leather upholstery and unique trim.
2009 Ford Expedition: Ford's Sync voice-activated interface for cell phones and digital music players was newly optional for 2009, and the optional navigaton system added real-time traffic, weather, and entertainment information.
2010 Ford Expedition: The 2010 Ford Expedition was largely unchanged.
2011 Ford Expedition: The 2011 Ford Expedition is largely unchanged.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very, very small addition, but certainly helpful to some people... the '11 added a 120v type two-prong outlet (like a home outlet) in the back of the center counsel, in addition to the 12v cigarette lighter plug. Good for laptops, or other chargers for small electronics.