Difficulty reading oil level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cannot seem to get a clean dipstick to be able to read the oil level. Whether waiting 15 mins after driving, or letting sit much longer, I pull it out, wipe it off and re-insert. Upon pulling out the second time, the dipstick comes out "wet" way past the reading area. Previous service was done prior to my buying the car, so I can't be sure how much it was filled with, but I can't believe it was over-filled this much.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cannot seem to get a clean dipstick to be able to read the oil level. Whether waiting 15 mins after driving, or letting sit much longer, I pull it out, wipe it off and re-insert. Upon pulling out the second time, the dipstick comes out "wet" way past the reading area. Previous service was done prior to my buying the car, so I can't be sure how much it was filled with, but I can't believe it was over-filled this much.
If the frontside doesn’t have an obvious line, look at the backside.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65