Disable Rear occupant alert stays on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acme Lighting

Reaction score
Rear occupant alert keeps re-setting , even after turning it off repeatedly in Sync 3- Vehicle - Switch rear occupant off . Any clue how to disable?

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
My 2017 doesn't have this but I'm curious why there would be a sensor. OK, maybe forgetting and leaving a child in the car. I see it's On by default and if there's no passenger back there it shouldn't detect anyone -- is that the issue, it's showing occupied when there's no one (or nothing) back there?

-- Chuck

OP
OP
Acme Lighting

Acme Lighting

Reaction score
The alert happens when ever you turn off the engine, no one else in the truck. Can't be turned off in the Sync 3 screen?

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to turn it off from the settings screen. It says it turns itself back on twice a year just to be as annoying asp possible.

When on, it activates after a rear door has been opened and closed and after you drive. So if you put something in the back seat it will alert when you end your trip.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took it that it reminds you twice a year, not that it was automatically back on