Disabled Auto Engine Off But Still Shuts Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RosaryPea

Reaction score
Is there a second key in the vehicle or close to it when you set this setting? Some are key specific and if it sees two keys it might not be able to retain the setting.
I hadn’t thought of that but no. I keep one key at home which is far from where I’m at when I need to keep my truck running for extended periods of time

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Police Engine (High) Idle feature descriptions from the 2020 Police Interceptor Utility (Explorer) Owners Manual...

2020 Police Interceptor Utility Owner's Manual - Police Engine Idle, IC Indicator, Headlamp Se...jpg

The Headlamp Control's red-boxed secondary switch is shown as enabling/disabling the Police Engine (High) Idle feature...

Police Interceptor Headlamp Control with Police (High) Idle Switch - LB5Z-11654-XB.jpg

1702296617597.png

...according to the Police Interceptor Utility Wiring Diagram...

Headlamp Switch-Engine ''High''Idle Switch - Wiring Diagram - 2020 Police Interceptor Utility.png

Headlamp Switch-Engine ''High''Idle Switch - Location - 2020 Police Interceptor Utility.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire