DIY 3.5 ltr Cat-Back Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
Has anyone on here just replaced the stock muffler with a magnaflow? Thinking about going this route with the 14419 muffler. I've seen a couple of vids of the f150 guys doing this, and they sound pretty good.

Greg0197

Reaction score
I did the Magnaflow cat back kit and love the way it sounds now. Not obnoxious but definitely has a growl.
Kit isn’t cheap but it’s some nice mandrel bent stainless. Almost to pretty to put under the truck.

Greg G

OP
OP
Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I've seen those, love the way magnaflow sounds on these, but I have the El so I'd even have to modify that system to fit, being that they don't sell kits for the El.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with sjwelds, the V6 doesn’t really have an aggressive exhaust note and A/M setups usually just sound more raspy. The 5.4 V8 is a different story, magnaflow and others sounds ******** on it.

Last edited:

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen those, love the way magnaflow sounds on these, but I have the El so I'd even have to modify that system to fit, being that they don't sell kits for the El.

I have an EL 16 with rear resonator delete. I cut out the middle muffler under the truck and threw in a magnaflow straight thru muffler. Sounds amazing at idle. Drive it 1/4 mile down the street at WOT, turned around, pulled in my driveway, and put the stock muffler back on bc of how retarded it sounded. Keep stock setup and just cut off the rear bumper resonator

OP
OP
Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
Got any video? I had a feeling that I might have to weld the resonator back in if I cut the stock muffler out and replaced it with a magnaflow.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got any video? I had a feeling that I might have to weld the resonator back in if I cut the stock muffler out and replaced it with a magnaflow.

So YouTube deleted my videos for some reason but here’s a 17 limited that did it. It’s a lot deeper in person

OP
OP
Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I've seen that one, that is just the resonator delete. That's what I have currently. I think we are in agreement that we want that throaty sound without the raspiness. Just have to figure out a way to get there. Might have to try a couple of different methods to get it to where I'd like it to be. That best one if heard is Jessie James's, but he doesn't say what he did to his.