do i have the hd tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn't the "Tow" function on the round drive type selector only on the tow package, as well as the trailer backup assist? I'd say if you have both of those then you have the tow package.

Until 2017 Limited and higher trims all had HD Tow. For 2018+ the vehicles with trailer backup assist all had HD Tow.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Round drive type selector? Up to 2017 there was a real shift lever and no "Tow" on mine. No trailer backup assist either.

-- Chuck
There is a button on the side of the real shift selector that will put you in the tow mode. It holds gears longer before up-shifting. I do NOT have the tow package but I still have the button and it does change the shift points, I have a 2017 XLT (I'm the original owner so I know nothing was added by someone else)

vincentrose

Reaction score
If you have both the 4pin and 7pin connectors, and if you have the trailer brake controls, located underneath the A/C Heat controls, then you have HD tow