Dome Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The relay is located in the fuse panel that is on the bottom lefthand corner of the dash. The relay is in the top left hand corner of the fuse panel. Here is a layout. It is Relay 1.

I'm having the exact same problems as everyone on this forum ie: bad coil on passenger side rear = leaky heater hose dripping on coil, no code to unlock door, A/C cluster panel light won't go on, dome light won't go on & tailgate emblem (whether it has holes in tailgate or just pressed on). I bought the Haynes manual and they have a pic of the fuse box but no diagram to which fuse goes where, so I pulled every fuse and they are ok. Now the relay is next. Thanks for the diagram, that's what I was looking for!! Everybody on here is helpful and has straight up answers, not pompous reactions. I appreciate it. - Hunter

Last edited:

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WOW! Just answer Ford charges $38.00!!!!!! That's to get the diagram. My 99 fuse box looks different than the 98. Do you think the relay is located in the same area? Top left? Hmmm....

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out this Shenanigan

I've only owned my truck for about 4 months and the dome lights have never worked so I checked out the fuses but all were good so I checked out the bulbs themselves but look what I found!
domelight1-1.jpg
domelight3.jpg
domelight1.jpg
Somehow the previous owner destroyed the bulb housing. There is no way to install the new bulbs. I guess I need to go to the junk yard. If I replace the entire ceiling console and upgrade it to the Eddie Bauer is the XLT prewired so I can use the LED Temperature and Direction display? Otherwise I just need to get a new bulb housing unit.

AnakiMana

Reaction score
I've only owned my truck for about 4 months and the dome lights have never worked so I checked out the fuses but all were good so I checked out the bulbs themselves but look what I found!
domelight1-1.jpg
domelight3.jpg
domelight1.jpg
Somehow the previous owner destroyed the bulb housing. There is no way to install the new bulbs. I guess I need to go to the junk yard. If I replace the entire ceiling console and upgrade it to the Eddie Bauer is the XLT prewired so I can use the LED Temperature and Direction display? Otherwise I just need to get a new bulb housing unit.

Did you ever figure this out? Did you get the Eddie Bauer ceiling console?