Door ajar problem solving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Esat

Reaction score
My 04 expy is on the road now, new intake,water pump, knock sensor, fuel injector o-rings, spark plugs, oil change , antifreeze...a lot of cleaning... After all done starting the truck and see everything work as it should,no leaks no abnormal sound "PRICELESS"[emoji16]
Now the other issue my door ajar light is always on. I read and see alot about it, many ways to fix it but figuring out which door is the problem was the important part. One YouTube video help me out and I would like to share with you guys.
Start your truck and over 10mph going stop somewhere that an other person can open the doors or trunk for you. Every time open only one door. The one that is not activate your doom lights is the problem door or like in my case trunk [emoji16] . After determining the problem switch you can replace or bypass it as you wish. I prefer fixing it right. So I will replace my swich on the trunk lid. Lock assembly. Does anyone have the part number for that? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on tracing the problem.

You might be able to get the rear latch switch working again.. I'd spray penetrant, let it soak & work the latch a few times, clean it out with carb cleaner or electronics cleaner (something that dries clean) and then hit it with a lubricant and work the latch a bunch of times. Worked for me at least.

OP
OP
Esat

Esat

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on tracing the problem.

You might be able to get the rear latch switch working again.. I'd spray penetrant, let it soak & work the latch a few times, clean it out with carb cleaner or electronics cleaner (something that dries clean) and then hit it with a lubricant and work the latch a bunch of times. Worked for me at least.
For saving 125 bucks plus tax, I will try your way[emoji16]

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used PB Blaster silicone spray Vs WD40, and it seemed to work better and last longer on my door switches.

OP
OP
Esat

Esat

Reaction score
I also find this switch on eBay, what is this for?f92dad31dd1decdbd824e6044336dacc.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
Esat

Esat

Reaction score
Go look at your liftgate and check, but that looks like the glass release switch to me. I did find the liftgate latch at a slightly lower price at another Ford parts supplier online. It's about $80 or so. For that cost and the amount of work involved I would just replace the latch and be done with it.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...=luggage-compt-tailgate-lock-controls,,<43150
It's raining so I won't mess with it until it's dry, I will take it apart and look at it.
Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
Esat

Esat

Reaction score
It was cold but not rainy last nigh, I froze my hiny while I was checking trunk and trunk glass door ajar switches. Needles to stick to the wires , alagator clips, ohm meter with no schematic in the hand, I found out if I jumpered from glass ajar switch (it has 4 wires going to that lock mechanism 2 outside ones is for Glass ajar purposed) to the trunk lock assembly switch my problem is gone away. I fiddle with it a bit more and find out glass switch is working normal, so even though I checked the trunk lock assembly on bench and switch was working then, now it is not working on the vehicle, I might have a broken wire in between the two switch. But needless to say I fix my door ajar problem for now by jumping a wire in between 2 switches.