Door ajar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KG974316

KG974316

Reaction score
I turned the car on and opend every door one at a time and nothing. No ding or chime. Maybe im doing something wrong. I turned the truck on and went around to every door and opend them one at a time. I didnt hear anything at all..

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wrong The door ajar chime can not be disabled. But since the door ajar is always on the chime may not function.

The door ajar switches are a normally closed switch and open the circuit when the door is opened thus giving a chime or a display warning.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams.

You may have to remove the door panel/s and place a jumper on the connector to simulate that the door is closed. I would start with the drivers door as that is the most used then the front passenger door. Then the remaining doors.

OP
OP
KG974316

KG974316

Reaction score
I was wrong The door ajar chime can not be disabled. But since the door ajar is always on the chime may not function.

The door ajar switches are a normally closed switch and open the circuit when the door is opened thus giving a chime or a display warning.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams.

You may have to remove the door panel/s and place a jumper on the connector to simulate that the door is closed. I would start with the drivers door as that is the most used then the front passenger door. Then the remaining doors.
Yes i can read and understand wire diagrams.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

916 Old Dood

Reaction score
Last edited:

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what fixed a similar issue for me... WD-40/silicone spray down the door latch mechanism (enough until it came out of the bottom) might not be your issue's solution but it doesn't hurt anything, worth a shot..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk