Door panel removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smiggs

Reaction score
I just bought a 2000 Eddie Bauer from a local dealership. I got a great deal on it but I have one problem. The driver side window makes a creaking sound when it goes either up or down. I'm hopping it isn't the motor and maybe the guides inside need to be lubed up. Is it a major deal to pull the inside door panel off with the power window switches and everything else? All the other windows work fine. By the way I love the Expedition!:)

3 NAILS 1 CROSS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just had same prob in my passenger window the creaking sound was fixed in mine by replacing the regulator which carries the window. mine was lubed 3 times by the dealer before i went postal! now i have a new regulator . creak is gone. not sure about the panel coming off ,i tried to take off to see the speaker size and broke one clip. stop while i was ahead if you know what i mean.

OP
OP
S

Smiggs

Reaction score
I'm not too mechanically inclined so I think I might just leave it to the dealer to figure out. Once I'm done trying to take the door panel off I will probably do more damage than good. Nice rig by the way, enjoyed the thread on how you towed the cheby.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i replaced the speakers in my 99 and it was super easy. just don't forget to take the screw out of the ower door light. once you have all the screws out, "pull up" straight up (about 2-3 inches) then while still pulling up pull it back towards you. it comes of very easily.

flakito1000

Reaction score
With this info you should be able to completely remove the door panel of your door.

Once removed you'll have access to power windows, lock and unlock, power mirror wiring and the speaker.

I did it on my 2001 Ford Expedition so hopefully is similar for other year models.

The complete removal for the driver's door panel in 2001 Expedition is as follow:

1. Start by pulling up the door lock and power window switch with a flat screwdriver. One clip is on top and the other in the bottom. Be vary careful so you dont scratch the surface of it.

2. After is pulled out disconnect the three harnesses that are attached to door lock and power window switch. Set aside.

3. Unclip the plastic cover on the top right corner near the side mirror. There is a phillip screw right behind it. unscrew that. Set aside.

4. On the open door pull handle is a plastic cover around it. Remove it and while pulling the handle unscrew a 8 or 9mm bolt right behind it for removal of the handle. Set aside.

5. On the door light is a screw. I think is an allen type bolt. Anyway, very carefully so you dont brake your light cover, remove the plastic and remove the bolt inside of it. Set aside.

6. Unplug the plug that comes from the power mirror switch harness. Slowly, lift straight up the door panel about 3" to 4" inches and remove the door light harness off the door panel.

You are done!

I dont think I forgot anything. Good luck with whatever you'r doing!