door trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locosol96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey everyone-
I have an '03 EB. Does anyone know how/if the gold trim comes off the doors? I tried doing a search, but the search window isn't coming up on my PC. Any help anyone can give is appreciated.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if its anything like the 1st gen, they do come off. just a little heat and some fishing line and they will peel right off. stuck on there with 3m tape. the only things that leave holes behind are the ford and expy badges.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go Harbor Feight and get Auto Trim tool remover kit (costs $4 and something) it has 4 pieces in it. I put some duct tape above the top of the trim on the door and took the tool with an angle like a crowbar and carefully pry the trim out, looking down to keep the split part of the prying tool centered on the fastener. After you do the first all the rest are simple. I took all of mines off and paint them. Now I want to do the bumpers.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, get the trim removal kit for cheap at HF. I think it's 9 pins on the top, 6 on the bottom? They are pop off pins. The ones by the front wheels are also held by 2 screws.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your door trims arent 3m taped on there like the 1st gen expy? that sux. so if you dont replace it, it will leave holes in the doors?

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you take off your door panels you can push the panels out from the inside.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, interesting. I think I'm better at taking off my door panels than using the trim remover :p

OP
OP
L

locosol96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you take off your door panels you can push the panels out from the inside.

Sorry.....I was too distracted staring at the BOOBIES in your profile pic....

Anyways-- yeah, I like this idea better. Door panels are pretty easy to pop off in these things. Thanks for all the input gang! I'll post pics when I'm done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington