Drive Control Malfunction after car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandroid

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Platinum. I took the car for a pressure wash today (twice in the past), just after it was done I notice several error messages.
-Drive Control Malfunction Service requiered
-Hill descent control fault
-Hill start assist not available
-Pre-collision assist not available
-Service advance track
-Park Aid Fault
-Lane keep assist not available

Someone can tell me what happened?
The car is still under warranty

IMG_20210224_142931.jpg

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you spray under the hood? If so, I suspect you got the battery and/or fuse panel wet. That many errors likely means it's an issue with the battery and or battery connections. Check your connections and the state of charge of the battery and put a trickle charger on if needed.

OP
OP
B

Bandroid

Reaction score
Did you spray under the hood? If so, I suspect you got the battery and/or fuse panel wet. That many errors likely means it's an issue with the battery and or battery connections. Check your connections and the state of charge of the battery and put a trickle charger on if needed.
No under the hood. Undercarriage. I read somewhere that could be fuse 15 or 16 or something like that going bad. I will check it anyway

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hope you get it figured out without too much hassle. If not an obvious battery or fuse related issue, may be worth a trip to the dealer since it's under warranty.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
*opinion disclaimer*

If I were you, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wouldn't tell the dealer you had just washed it. Others have said on here you shouldn't pressure wash these for various reasons. But you might be giving them something to argue about, when in reality that should hold no water and wouldn't if you faught it.

I have never in my life been told not to pressure was a car, now of course, I've been told not to pressure wash an engine bay directly, but I have with every previous car as long as I protected certain things from direct spray. It's a freaking $70k+ car, that is supposed to be in inclement weather and be okay. No matter how much cardboard you put under a vehicle, or how much rubber you put in the wheel wells, water is going to get in the engine compartment, and it should be okay.

maybe it is a dead battery, and it's an easy fix. Hope for the best for you.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's absurd that these vehicles have such touchy electronics. My 1st gen is misfiring again. We had just a little bit of rain and it was parked for days. .

Yeah, don't volunteer that you washed the undercarriage. It failed in warranty that's it. Next they will say you must avoid puddles.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had this happen when I was driving in a huge snow storm just before Christmas. About 100 miles into the trip. 4A snow mode 40 MPH tops, all those warnings came up and it went into limp mode. Luckily I was 10-15 miles away from my gas stop. Pulled over and got gas, cleaned all the cameras and sensors off, looked under the hood and car. I couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary. Started it back up and all wrench light was gone and I had full power with all the drive modes restored. Drove out of the storm and it hasn’t done it since. All the codes showed up on the Ford Pass app. I was going to have them check it out at the dealership next oil change. Totally suck if it’s moisture related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had mine throw a fit like that once when I started it up at the grocery store. Shut it off and started it up again and all the various errors were gone. Ford app captured all the errors as well.

guess they all have one “freak out” session?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1